COVID-19 UPDATES AND INFORMATION
- Update #17: COVID-19 and Exams (June 10, 2021)
- Update #16: COVID-19 and Exams (June 1, 2021)
- Update #15: COVID-19 and Exams (May 19, 2021)
- Update #14: COVID-19 and Exams (April 29, 2021)
- Update #13: COVID-19 and Exams (April 19, 2021)
- Update #12: COVID-19 and Exams (March 16, 2021)
- Update #11: COVID-19 and Exams (March 8, 2021)
- Update #10: COVID-19 and Exams (March 5, 2021)
- Update #9: COVID-19 and Exams (October 30, 2020)
- Update #8: COVID-19 and Exams (October 23, 2020)
- Update #7: COVID-19 and Exams (October 7, 2020)
- Update #6: COVID-19 and Exams (April 3, 2020)
- Update #5: COVID-19 and Exams (March 24, 2020)
- Update #4: COVID-19 and Exams (March 18, 2020)
- Update #3: COVID-19 and Exams (March 14, 2020)
- Update #2: COVID-19 and Exams (March 12, 2020)
- Update on COVID-19 and Exams (March 11, 2020)
Our stakeholders in medical education have compiled helpful and practical information for physicians during COVID-19.
- Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC)
Includes principles and guidelines for medical education in the era of COVID-19, as well as updates from the Canadian faculties of medicine.
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
COVID-19 Resources for Physicians
Includes clinical resources, how to reach out to your physician health program, information on supporting your family/children as a healthcare provider, and more.
- Canadian Medical Forum (CMF)
The Canadian Medical Forum, a group comprised of leaders of Canada’s major national medical organizations (including Resident Doctors of Canada), has released calls to action to Canadian governments regarding PPE and pandemic pay.
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Includes advice, support, and medical-legal information for physicians.
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
COVID-19 Information and Resources
Includes virtual care guidelines, Public Health Agency of Canada resources, webinars on providing care during the pandemic, and other practical information for family physicians.
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
MCC update on COVID-19
Includes exam updates and FAQs.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Royal College Newsroom
- Society of Rural Physicians of Canada (SRPC)
COVID-19 Resource Guide
Includes evidence-based recommendations, educational webinars, national resources, and specific guidelines for physicians practicing in rural and remote areas.
- Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada’s (FMRAC)
Statement on licensing the 2020 graduating residents
See the table below for specific licensing information in each province.
|British Columbia||College of Physicians & Surgeons of British Columbia|
|Alberta||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta|
|Saskatchewan||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Saskatchewan|
|Manitoba||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Manitoba|
|Ontario||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario|
|New Brunswick||College of Physicians & Surgeons of New Brunswick|
|Nova Scotia||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Nova Scotia|
|Prince Edward Island||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Prince Edward Island|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador|
See the table below for region-specific information from RDoC’s provincial partners.
RDoC has collected information on wellness resources and services available to help residents get through this stressful time. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list; many other resources are embedded within other links on this page.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
Resources for health care workers during COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Coping with stress during COVID-19
- Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress (CSTS)
Sustaining the well-being of healthcare personnel during coronavirus and other infectious disease outbreaks
- COVID Kindness
Sharing acts of #covidkindness and uplifting stories from the front lines of Canadian health care
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Tips for coping with the stress of COVID-19
- Dr. Joshua Rosenblat, MD, MSc, FRCPC (Psychiatry), University of Toronto
Tips for maintaining mental health hygiene during a pandemic
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Taking care of your behavioral health – tips for social distancing, quarantine, and isolation during an infectious disease outbreak
- Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD
Managing healthcare workers’ stress associated with the COVID-19 virus outbreak
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Coping with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
- Kids Help Phone
We’re here for you during COVID-19
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Helping children cope with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
Free Online Workouts
This app has made many of their meditations available for free online.
- Insight Timer
A free app with access to 30,000+ meditations for sleep, anxiety, etc.
- Ten Percent Happier
This app is offering free online meditations that anyone can access on their website.
- Text4Hope – Supporting Mental Health & Wellness in a Time of Stress & Isolation
Free 3-month subscription to daily CBT prompts to develop healthy coping skills and adapt to stress. Offered by Alberta Health Services but available across the country. Text COVID19HOPE to 393939 to subscribe.
Click here for a comprehensive listing of discounts available in Canada. Includes accommodations, food and beverage deals, services, transportation, and apparel.