OTTAWA – The 2021/2022 term was a historic year for Resident Doctors of Canada (RDoC) as the organization successfully worked through a governance review and adopted a new modern governance structure that will set RDoC up for years of success. On November 26, 2022 RDoC welcomed in the 2022/2023 Member Representatives and Board of Directors under this new modern structure. RDoC is pleased to introduce the 2022/2023 President, Dr. Carl White Ulysse. Dr. White Ulysse is a PGY-5 in Anesthesiology at the University of Toronto. Prior to being elected as RDoC President he served on the RDoC Board of Directors for 2021/2022 term and was concurrently the President of his provincial housestaff organization, Professional Association of Residents of Ontario.
RDoC’s Members are collectively known as the Provincial Housestaff Organizations (PHOs). The six PHOs represent the personal and practice interests of resident doctors within their respective regions. Each PHO is represented at RDoC by a Member Representative.
The 2022/2023 RDoC PHO Member Representatives are:
- Dr. Peter Gregory – Professional Association of Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Dr. Patrick Holland – Maritime Resident Doctors
- Dr. Ari Cuperfain – Professional Association of Residents of Ontario
- Dr. Calvin Howard – Professional Association of Interns and Residents of Manitoba
- Dr. Karan Vats – Resident Doctors of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Devon Mitchell – Resident Doctors of British Columbia
The 2022/2023 Board of Directors are:
- Dr. Carl White Ulysse – President
- Dr. Shane Arsenault – Treasurer
- Dr. Andrew Terence Lam
- Dr. Brendan Lew
- Dr. Devon Mitchell
- Dr. Katie Lines
- Dr. Karan Vats
- Ms. Lisa Chicules, BA
- Dr. Rachel Bethune
- Mr. Trevor Cuddy, BCom, BA, MEd, DBA(c)
For additional information on current Board Members, please visit the Resident Doctors of Canada website.
Director of Programs – EDI, Wellness and Communications