THE RDoC ROSS AWARD FOR SERVICE TO RESIDENT DOCTORS
RDoC is proud to honour those who, with enthusiasm, passion, and proficiency, have contributed to the enrichment of the resident experience in Canada. Lois Ross served for many years as Executive Director of CAIR and PAIRO, during which time she worked tirelessly to represent the interests of all resident doctors in Canada. The Board has presented this award since 2009 in honour of her achievements. Beginning in 2011, this award has been reserved to acknowledge the important role that non-physicians play in residency.
Before February 2015, this award was known as the The Lois Ross CAIR Award for Service to Residents.
Residency training program administrators and administrators associated with medical organizations; nurses, pharmacists, hospital administrative staff or other allied health professionals; any other non-physician individual(s), programs or organizations closely associated with the enrichment of the resident experience in Canada. In situations where an organization is being nominated, please provide a contact name for that organization on the application.
To qualify, nominees must:
- demonstrate a firm commitment to the advancement of the resident experience through specific actions and initiatives;
- exemplify creativity and leadership in taking action to better the resident experience; and,
- bring about change that has the potential to result in positive, long‐term improvement to the resident experience in Canada.
- 2018 – Ms. Charlène Fouqueray (Program Administrator, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, University of Calgary)
- 2017 — Ms. Jennifer Collins (Academic Program Administrator – Department of Radiology, Memorial University)
- 2016 — Ms. Sharon Cameron (Competency-based Medical Education Postgraduate Implementation Manager – Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University)
- 2015 — Ms. Marilyn Blake (Program Administrator – Anesthesia and Pain Management program, University of Alberta)
- 2014 — Ms. Caroline Sutherland (Coordinator of Postgraduate Programs – Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Toronto)
- 2013 — Ms. Michelle Murray (Skills Co-ordinator, Skills Centre for Health Sciences at the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax)
- 2012 — Ms. Brenda Meier (Program Administrator, University of Alberta’s Psychiatry Residency Program)
- 2011 — Ms. Carmen Frese (Post-graduate Program Co-ordinator, Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary)
- 2010 — not awarded
- 2009 — Dr. Karen Saperson (Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry & Neurosciences, McMaster)