To serve as the unified voice of Canadian residents is a key Strategic Direction at RDoC. As the go-to organization for the Canadian resident perspective on medical education, we:
- Cultivate continuous meaningful dialogue with our members and the Provincial Housestaff Organizations (PHOs)
- Seek to partner and collaborate with stakeholders as the national leader on resident issues
Our resident representatives are key to driving our purpose forward, and we ensure that our Board members, Committee members, and liaison representatives are effective advocates for their colleagues.
If you are a current or incoming RDoC member, we encourage you to apply for vacant positions of interest.
- Elected by the RDoC membership at the Annual General Meeting in June.
- Represent BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, the Maritimes and NL.
- Attend 4 in-person meetings per year, plus teleconferences and email correspondence.
- Contact your local PHO Office for more information about positions available in your region.
- Represent your fellow residents at our national stakeholder organizations.
- Advocate on behalf of RDoC’s 2014-2017 Strategic Plan and Priorities.
- Terms begin after the RDoC Annual General Meeting and run until the next AGM, unless otherwise indicated..
- Attend 1-2 in-person meetings per year, plus teleconferences and email correspondence.