STRATEGIC PLAN 2018-23
The 2018-23 Strategic Plan was approved by the Board of Directors at its meeting on November 24, 2018 in Ottawa. It articulates the following key features of the organization:
- To optimize the continuum of medical education in Canada.
- To lead a pan-Canadian comprehensive approach to resident wellness.
- To contribute to improvements and innovation in Canadian health systems and patient care.
- Building expertise on all aspects of the resident experience through research, collaboration and advocacy in support of RDoC’s mandate.
- Collaborating with our provincial partners, national stakeholders, and governments to build positive, safe, and diverse learning and working environments in medicine.
- Championing optimal, equitable, and sustainable health and wellness for all Canadians, including physicians.
- Advocating for a needs-based, pan-Canadian physician human resources strategy that ensures Canada has the right physicians in the right place at the right time.
- Empowering residents to successfully navigate transitions within training and into practice.
- Providing experiential leadership opportunities for resident doctors at the national level.