70TH WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
The 70th World Health Assembly will take place in Geneva between May 22nd and May 31st, 2017. This meeting is one of the largest health policy setting events, it brings together health ministers and health representatives from the 194 World Health Organization (WHO) member states.
The Government of Canada is offering, once more, the opportunity for a Canadian youth to attend the world health assembly as part of the Canadian delegation and to observe the workings of this specialised agency of the United Nations.
The delegate will be selected by a committee composed of representatives from a number of youth organizations working in global health.
- Be a Canadian citizen and hold a valid Canadian passport;
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age;
- Be able to attend all preparatory meetings and the entirety of
- the WHA;
- Be currently a student in a health sciences or public health program
- Motivation letter (completed in the online form)
- Recommendation letter from professional
- Recommendation letter from peer
- Completed application form: https://goo.gl/ZavoP3
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Past experience in global health
- Involvement in a global health related student network or university
- Understanding of global health policy and the nature of the work
- at the WHA
- Quality of application documents and recommendation letters
The application deadline is Tuesday, October 7th 2016 at 23:59 EST.
Any application received after the deadline, or any incomplete application will not be considered.
Financial support will be available for the selected candidate: participants will need to pay costs upfront, but, accommodations, and a per diem will be reimbursed after the participation. Flights will be arranged in advance. Details will be provided to the selected candidate.
Finally, the selected candidate may also be given the opportunity to participate in other Global Health policymaking events as members of the Canadian delegation during the year to follow.