CANADIAN CONFERENCE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION (CCME) – 2017
The Canadian Conference on Medical Education (CCME) is the premier medical education conference in Canada. It hosts the largest annual gathering of medical educators in the country.
The 2017 conference was held in Winnipeg, Manitoba and feature a number of residents presenting or speaking at various sessions.
Here are the highlights:
Chair: Dr. Sarita Verma, Vice President, Education, AFMC
- Dr. Jessica Ruel-Laliberté
- Franco Rizzuti, MEDICAL STUDENTS
- Dr Christian Campagna, PGY-3 Internal Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, Secretary, Fédération des médecins résidents du Québec (FMRQ)
- Dr. Kimberly Williams, MD, MSc, PGY-3 Psychiatry, University of Calgary and President, Resident Doctors of Canada
- To discuss challenges in TRANSITIONS from medical school to residency and from PGME into clinical practice;
- To explain program change decisions, promote a culture of FLEXIBILITY optimizes career choice throughout medical training;
- To describe learner perspectives about the policies pertaining to career flexibility and MANAGING these difficult transitions.
Two resident doctors, a general internist, a pediatrician, and a faculty manager are being honoured for their contributions to improving the lives of resident doctors in Canada.
Join us for cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and networking!
Speakers: Dr. Jane Thornton, Western University