STRATEGIC PLAN 2014-17
The 2014-17 Strategic Plan was approved by the Board of Directors at its meeting on June 14, 2014 in Edmonton. It articulates the following key features of the organization:
Three strategic directions were also identified:
- recognized for anticipating and providing leadership on medical education issues.
- influential in residency training to foster exceptional patient-centred care.
- an integral part of national curriculum development, accreditation, certification, licensure and examination policy.
- supporters of seamless transitions throughout training into practice.
- inspire a redefined work environment for resident doctors.
- promote a culture of respect.
- champion the good health of Canadian resident doctors.
- be the go-to organization for the Canadian resident perspective on medical education.
- cultivate continuous meaningful dialogue with our members and the Provincial House staff Organizations.
- seek to partner and collaborate with stakeholders as the national leader on resident issues.
- ensure our Board members, Committee members and liaison representatives are effective advocates for their colleagues.